About Me

My photo
Woodstock, Georgia
Do you want to know what we've been up to lately? We will try to keep this blog updated! Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Whirlwind

That is what the past few months have been! We found out about the move to Georgia in April. Getting the house rented out, packed up and moving out here was a process. I am happy to report that we all survived and are settled into our new home!



We broke up the 1200 mile journey into 3 days. The girls were angels. Lydia did some coloring, read some books and watched some movies. Caitlyn helped keep the snacks flowing and her sister content.



We made it to Georgia on Thursday, July 14th. The next day we got into our house. Eric had to pick it out during one of his trips out here, so it was my first time seeing the place. He did a great job! It is a beautiful home. The girls are loving the pool!



As soon as we got unpacked, I had to get Caitlyn enrolled in school. They have a different schedule and go back on 8/1. It's a short summer for her, but I think it will be nice for her to get in there and meet some kids. Her open house is tonight!


I also decided I'd like to get Lydia into a preschool. I looked at 3 of them yesterday. I really like one of them. Lydia sure impressed the teacher with her knowledge of colors, shapes, letters and such:-) We are going to attend their Sunday morning service and we will decide after that if it's the right fit. She has been talking about going to school all day. I think she will love it!



We went down to Eric's office this week too. The girls loved seeing where dad heads off to every day.



This weekend we are heading out to find a bed for the guest room. I hope it gets used often by all of you Minnesotans!


The new place!














No comments: